- Career Areas
- Job Openings
- Working at APL
- College Internships
- Discovery Program for College Graduates
- Govt. Employee Fellowship Program
APL NASA Intern Program
Rising sophomores through Ph.D. students as of fall 2018 who participate in the 2018 APL NASA Intern Program will work at the APL facility in Laurel, Maryland, and will contribute to NASA missions and space-related research work. Talks by key mission engineers and scientists, along with tours of APL and other activities, will be provided throughout the summer. Interested intern candidates must be U.S. citizens, be in high academic standing (3.0 GPA or higher), and have successfully passed a background check (criminal, social security, and driving record).
2018 APL NASA Intern Program Schedule
- Application Process Begins: December 15, 2017
- Application Review: December 2017 to April 2018
- Application Deadline: March 30, 2018
- Offers to Successful Candidates: By April 30, 2018
- The APL NASA Intern Program runs for 10 weeks, from June 4 to August 10, 2018.
- Selected students will receive stipends based on college level: Undergraduate, $5,000; Graduate, $6,000; and Ph.D., $7,000.
- Housing with meals is provided at no additional cost at the University of Maryland, College Park.
- Reasonable travel expenses for travel 50+ miles to/from APL will be reimbursed.
- Standard weekday work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday–Friday. Business-casual dress is acceptable.
- APL will be closed on Wednesday, July 4, 2018, in observance of Independence Day.